(For beginning beekeepers.)
This session reviews the monthly tasks, and bee colony dynamics the beekeeper must understand to manage a colony. We will discuss beekeeper tasks, actions to correct problems, and complete the beekeeper’s checklist.
- Month by month activity list.
- Inspections – what do you look for, how do you respond?
- The big three – Queen, worker population and honey & pollen reserves.
- Predicting the hives future – comb evaluation, calculating growth, diagnosing stress in the colony.
- Building a personal management system – information useful for local decision making. Recordkeeping & knowledge based planning.
Cost: Program only $35.
(this workshop is included in complete Starting in Beekeeping class)