Installing Nucs, introducing Queens, and the care and feeding of the New Colony. Date TBA on the weekend when bees arrive. 1 – 3:30 PM.
Appropriate for all Beekeepers. This is scheduled as an outdoor activity at the Warm Colors Apiary, South Deerfield, MA. We will demonstrate setting up Nucs in hive bodies, how to introduce Queens, and methods of feeding a growing colony. This is a live bee workshop.
Please wear protective clothing. If you purchased a Nuc from Warm Colors, you should plan to collect it on this day.
- Picking the best Nuc – questions to ask.
- Checking the Queen – requirements of an excellent queen.
- Setting up the new hive – be ready for your bees.
- Introducing a Queen – steps & checks for Queen acceptance.
- Installing the Nuc – depends on the weather.
- Feeding – feeders, how much, and how long?
- Care for Nucs – tricks of the trade
(Date TBA. Will depend on when the bees are ready for pickup. No need to register– this program is free.)